Monday, September 1, 2008

Public Market Experience

I rarely go to the public market and do all my shopping at our nearby Grocery. Yesterday, I wanted to clean up most of our stuff - empty bottles and newspapers.. Yaya informed me that there is a nearby junk shop at Pasong Tirad's vicinity thus we cleaned up these recyclables to exchange for a little moolah. We also decided to try out the public market especially their vegetables and fish as we were craving to have fish for dinner together with a monggo dish.

Unfortunately the junk shop was closed for the afternoon so we proceeded with buying our goodies. I noticed that goods are really way cheaper and fresher in the market than at the grocery! You can even bargain for a few stuff and some nice ladies would even add a little something for free to your vegetable goodies.

I was so happy as we finished fast with our shopping, spent only about 500 bucks for a week's worth of menu compared to spending about 800-1000 when we buy stuff from the grocery of the same kind.

I therefore wanted to make it a resolution to do weekly marketing at the public market for fresh meat, vegetables,rice and fruits whilst maintaining to do the grocery at Shopwise for personal items such as bathroom items, cleaning materials, diapers and canned goods.

No comments: