Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Health Challenge No.3

Two days ago, I got sick with flu. Yesterday, I received news that my son is about to be operated for his peri-anal abscess/fistula. Today, it is my little daughter's turn.

Health is wealth indeed! No matter how wealthy you feel financially, when physical illness strikes in especially with your children, everything goes berserk and one feels poorer than a beggar when sickness strikes.

We went to the doctor earlier this morning to have my daughter checked as I think she got the flu from me. I observed a teary-eyed princess instead of her usual jovial disposition. When her temperature rose a bit, we decided to take a lunch appointment with her pediatrician. Unfortunately, our third health challenge was combined with a weather challenge!

As I was about to leave the office for our doctor's appointment, rain poured heavily. I patiently waited for a cab going to the hospital. I was about to meet my husband, my daughter and her yaya in the hospital.

Given the weather condition, traffic went bad in the Metro. The road going to the hospital's ramp entrance was relatively flooded almost surpassing the bumper level of any sedan type of cars. My taxi driver was quite in a hurry so I've decided to drop myself off near the emergency section of the hospital. I carefully sneaked into the ER area as it has a passage way going to the main hospital. I met yaya and my daughter at the hospital entrance and off we went to the doctor's clinic.

We were doctor's last patient for the day. As I had her checked, the doctor told me that my daughter caught a viral bug. One sign of detecting viral infection especially in colds is when you have a runny nose. Our doctor prescribed quality medicines and even suggested an older medicine counterpart for me.

Off we went and bought the entire medicine lot. I loved the nasal spray that he recommended that I instantly felt better after spraying it in my nostrils! Its great that there are lots of medicines out there to do wonders in your body to help you regain physical fitness and eventually achieve happiness!

No comments: