Monday, September 8, 2008

Health Challenge

I filed for a sick leave today as I had a bad case of flu plus dysmenorrhea and a severe headache! What a day to start the week.. Since Friday, I have been in search for a good cough medicine to no avail. I've also stayed in the house for the weekend to get some well needed rest but I guess I need to rest some more..I tried to sleep to my delight but my head tends to hurt more when I sleep rather than when I'm awake. I used water therapy to flush out toxins and hopefully release the phlegm. I've also loaded myself with vitamin C drinking lots of pineapple juice. I've loaded myself with bananas as well to make me feel strong. I've tried a colleague's tried and tested cough suppressant: a half glass of 7 Up filled with 5 slices of calamansi! I've also tried applying some Vicks Vaporub at my feet.. Unfortunately, the virus I've got is quite strong that previously tried and tested methods seem not to work.

I start to psyche myself that I am feeling as I don't want to spend an entire day in bed again!

No comments: