Monday, September 22, 2008

Pineapple Juice Magic!

I used to be a regular milk drinker. I drink about 2 glasses of milk per day but I discovered a tastier milk alternative: Del Monte's Pineapple Juice! I love the unsweetened variant. I mix half glass full pineapple juice with water during breakfast. I always put on a teaspoon or 2 of Psyllium husk to increase my fiber requirement.

Our gym instructor learned about my latest drink discovery and advised me that it is better to take the pineapple juice at night rather than in the morning. A lot of people say that the pineapple is a great calorie (or was it fat?) burner. Taking it at night allows one to burn more calories.

I try go to the gym regularly at night. This habit allows me to burn a few extra calories while sleeping. I believe drinking pineapple juice complements my fitness efforts and even has an added bonus for me: in the morning, it makes me have a better bowel movement (even if I don't add Psyllium husk into my night drink).

I shared my latest habit with a colleague. She was quite hesitant to try it at first since she originally thought that drinking pineapple juice at night perks her up rather than calms her. Upon receiving lots of encouragement from her fitness instructor to try this habit, she noticed a no frills poop time from her end as well!

I did not entirely drop my dairy intake with this drink alternative as I am still a firm believer on the wonders dairy products can do for you. I drink Nesvita yoghurt drink or take a cup of Nesvita yoghurt as my morning snack to catch up on my daily dairy requirement.

No comments: