Sunday, September 21, 2008

UAAP Game Experience


I've always been proud to be an Iskolar ng Bayan. Imagine the indescribable feeling I've had during my first experience to witness Game 1 of UAAP Finals between Ateneo and La Salle live in Araneta Coliseum!

I did not quite understand my husband's excitement (he is a true-blue blooded Atenean) to watch Game 1 as well as him being proud of getting us tickets for 2 to watch the finals. I previously thought it was just some trend rather than a long history of rivalry between the 2 schools. With the various newspaper articles on Ateneo/La Salle UAAP game finals recently, I essentially got curious, willingly tagged along and decided not to argue with my husband this time on buying game tickets from a scalper that were almost worth a week of our palengke expense.

We left the house around 2 p.m. to make it to the 4 o'clock game in Araneta Coliseum. We decided to park our car in SM Makati and took the MRT instead. I was relatively surprised to see quite a number of people clad in blue and green outfit going towards the MRT station! Apparently, it has been a regular practice to park your car somewhere and take the MRT going to Araneta Coliseum! I secretly smiled watching some of them wearing their green school jacket unmindful of the heat while waiting in the MRT station. The ride was pretty quick and hassle free. From the MRT station, I was pretty amazed that we already arrived in Araneta Coliseum in just a few steps. (Pardon my ignorance as the last time I rode the MRT was about 8 years ago!)

As we walked our way inside Araneta, one could feel the intense school spirit looming in. I was relatively amazed to see a lot of people watching the game! I think I haven't seen Araneta Coliseum that full in my entire life! What I've relatively observed though is that even if the Blue Eagles outnumbered the Green Archers in attendance, La Salle's voice seem to be louder wanting to make their presence felt. It was relatively a great game to watch indeed. I think home viewers enjoyed the game as much as we did!

Ateneo rightfully won Game 1. After the game, I felt a sense of pride witnessing a great event in UAAP game history!

No comments: