Sunday, September 14, 2008

Max's Experience

After picking up my dad at the airport, we had a quick lunch at Max's with my daughter and her yaya. Max's is one of my dad's favorite restaurant and I have grown to love the restaurant ever since I was a teenager. We used to have Max's back in our hometown and we were one of their regular Sunday lunch customers. My favorite is their fried chicken (of course! they became a household name because of it!) and when I'm in the mood for it (especially my stomach as it can become a quite heavy meal), I order their kare kare as well.

Since it has become a restaurant full of nostalgia, I never fail to visit a Max's restaurant at least every quarter for more than 10 years now. For quick lunch or snack with my family, I normally order their Platter meal as I go crazy with their pancit canton! My son who is a picky eater loves their Pancit Canton as much as I do that sometimes I let his yaya order the Platter Meal so that yaya gets the chicken while my little boy gets his serving of Pancit Canton. My husband and even my parents love their Lumpia whether taken fresh (hubby's favorite) or fried (mom and dad's favorite).

What I eagerly anticipate when I'm done with their main meal is the dessert! I love their tiny caramel bars! I can take the entire bar in an instant! I still remember the first time I tasted it about 5 years ago in their Intramuros branch. I ordered a box of it after not being satisfied with just one bite and eating the caramel bar meal allocation of my friends!

Nowadays I try to control my sweet intake thus taking one or 2 caramel bars as my dessert ( I still get somebody's share)! I'm now looking forward to my next Max's Experience!

2 comments:

Mrs. G said...

I discovered a few months ago, Max's champorado. I LOVE IT!

G said...

Korek sis! sarap ng champorado nila and fave din ng anak ko at hubby ang max's, halos once or twice a month yata kami kung kumain dito, hehehe, magastos!