Friday, August 29, 2008

Hope this Ends Soon

It's been almost a week lately since I've been with my firstborn.. Unfortunately, it had to be a week of good times hearing my children's laughter as they play together as well as few bad ones.. My son is sick for almost a week and it has been making me a lot worried as caused quite a number of consecutive sleepless night.s

He had peri-anal abscess that some doctors suspect would be a fistula when we had him checked back in the province.. Initially, operation was suggested but upon seeking various opinions by other doctors here in the metro, they felt that recommendation for an operation should be put on hold until such time that his abscess might not respond to antibiotics given. Good thing with only about 2 days of being on antibiotic, the swelling subsided. We are praying that the abscess did not develop into a fistula and that operation is no longer needed.

Mid-week, my son experienced on-off fever for about 2 days. Given his very high body temperature, we sought the reliable doctor's opinion again on what might be the probable cause of his fever. Initially we suspected it might be the infection from his abscess but upon further probing doctor wanted to rule out dengue as based on tourniquet test given, infection is positive. Upon hearing dengue, I became alarmed and prayed to dear God that results for dengue condition for my son would turn negative. Good thing God was indeed good. My son has been tested negative on dengue based on his latest CBC results. Doctor advised us to give cough and colds medicines for my son as he suspected these are bound to occur. True enough though the fever went away, his cough and cold started to become bothersome tonight especially on his sleep. He finds it hard to breath and when he coughs, you would hear phlegm traveling to and from my little boy's respiratory system. I still continue to pray hard for God to give my son a better health and protect him against all harm especially of illnesses/sickness and infections.

No comments: