Monday, August 11, 2008

Wanted: Reconnection

My cousins living in NY flew in a few days ago and I suddenly felt the need to reconnect with them and bond with relatives I've long been in touch with. I was always busy at work sometimes sacrificing my personal gain and happiness. When they got into an accident, I took it as a sign to take a break from work and take care of them while in the hospital for a few hours. Sometimes work needs to take a backseat as it is not worth giving your best without gaining anything.

They stayed in our place for a couple of days and I tried to bond with them to the best of my ability.. We went to our relatives few miles away from our place and had dinner with them.. I never had a personal connection with them and I suddenly had this feeling of regret on why I did not bond with them before.. I now vowed to myself that I should try my best to reconnect.. In the end they are part of the family .. I might need to improve on how I connect with others and treat them as family or friends as well.

I hope they will give me a second chance to get to know them better.

No comments: