Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My First Gym Experience

I still remember the first time I went to the gym to do individual exercise! I've been to previous gyms before for group classes but nothing beats going to the gym to exercise at your own pace. I went to the 16th floor with my colleagues as we have a gym in our office. There is also a trainor who does personal training ( at the employee's own expense) as well as guide first-timers like me on how to use gym equipments properly.

Since it was my first time, I only tried the treadmill and stepper. I walked in the treadmill for 10 minutes. Surprisingly I got tired and I rested for a bit and went to the next machine. I would like to call it a stepper/walker/glider as I forgot what it was properly called. I spent 5 minutes in the machine and funny that what you did won't register if you act slow! I was trying hard to push it and walk on it! Luckily I did and when I already got the hang of it, the trainor told me that it is time to stop and that I should not force myself much since it was my first time in the gym given my sedentary lifestyle.

No comments: