Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ice Cream Fun Facts!

I've always loved eating ice cream since I was a kid.. I used to remember every Sunday, my mom would always include in her grocery purchase a half gallon of ice cream for us. I've always loved Nestle's version of Rocky Road as well as all ice cream brands of plain chocolate, ube and double dutch.

I encountered some nice ice cream trivia worth sharing thanks to Nestle's Choose Wellness handout..

Did you know..
- Scientist have observed that ice cream makes a person happy (a similar effect takes on me during or after eating it!)
- Ice cream activates an area of the brain that enable us to feel happy and it only takes a spoonful to create this effect!
- During World War Ii, ice cream has already been a morale booster as the first "ice cream parlor" was built for sailors in the Pacific in 1945.
- Ice cream was served during America's World War II celebration victory
- Waffle cone came into the picture in 1904 when Ernest Hamwi - a Syrian concessionaire first came up with a waffle cone. An ice cream vendor ran out of dishes thus Mr Hamwi rolled his wafer like waffle into a cone! When it cooled, the ice cream vendor put ice cream on it. The customers liked it and the rest is history! (This might have been an inspiration to put ice cream on bread buns as well! )

No comments: