Monday, August 25, 2008

On Today's Pedia Visit

its been a while since we went to the pediatrician as an entire family. Its basically me and my daughter, me and my son or my husband, my daughter and I. Our son is temporarily based in the province in the care of my mom. He is here in Manila for a week to spend quality time with us. Unfortunately, he had a boil in his butt cheek wherein doctors suspect it to be a fistula and wants it to be operated right away. We had to incorporate as part of his agenda visit a trip to his pediatrician here in Manila.

I've always been the conservative type especially when it comes to medical treatment for my kids. Seeing that my son is still barely 3 years old and cannot speak quite yet, I would prefer not to have him operated at his age. He is quite sickly and I feel that there is something wrong with his immune system.

During our visit earlier to the pedia for another opinion on my son's "fistula" condition and our daughter's MMR vaccine shot, we relayed most of our concern to our children's ongoing development. It was basically a well-baby check up checking on their height, weight and overall condition. As I relayed my son's condition to our doctor, he is also a bit worried as well and asked us to undergo a test called nitrol blue tetrazolium test to check on my son's condition and to rule out chronic granulomatous disease. I have still yet to continue my doctorate in Google and will try to google as much as I can about this test and this condition.

I hope and pray that whatever my son is going through, that he may surpass and overcome this with flying colors and live truly to what his name meant - a true conqueror! I would definitely want to see him grow, graduate in elementary, high school and college. Take up whatever course or degree to his liking! See him mature, be with his girlfriend, see him marry and have kids and be truly successful in life!

No comments: