Sunday, June 1, 2008

Working Mom Reflection

I believe every mother is a working mom. Motherhood is a career in itself they say. Mothers work hard to take good care of their children, protect them and do the best things possible for their kids. Some moms opt to work at home. Others chose to find a job and build a career around it to be able to provide well for their kids. 

I'm the type of mom who has a career on her own but career at work takes second priority to working hard to be a better mom for my kids. If only I could, I would give up my job but I believe I won't become a better mom if I do so. For financial reasons and for personal reasons, I opted to have a career in one of the best company in the world along with taking care of my children. I hired a yaya (nanny) to be our co-partner (together with my husband) with the objective in mind of raising healthy, well-rounded children. After two attempts, we are grateful to have efficient yayas in our midst to take good care of our kids while we are at work.

Some might call me non-traditional in terms of bringing up kids and there might be some choices I made as a mother particularly in childcare that might be spurned by others. I still firmly believe that these choices are the best ones taking mostly into consideration the welfare of my children. 

No comments: