Monday, June 23, 2008

My Own Frank Story

I hope not to experience this kind of typhoon again! It was my first time to experience such a great storm. I was in Europe at the time a stronger typhoon struck our dear country about 2 years ago. I only hear of stories of great typhoons before. Now I have my own typhoon Frank story to share.

It was about 1 am in the morning that I felt the winds were quite strong thus I've decided to close the windows in our bedroom. About an hour later, I felt that it was starting to rain as hard as ever and suddenly thought of closing all the windows in our unit as the rain might come inside. About 3 am my husband woke up and observed how the rain and wind got stronger as ever. He started to observe the storm and got his internet and checked whatever information is available about the weather.

It happens that the storm reverted from its course and signal #3 struck in our area instead. The wind got stronger than ever.. It was starting to sing a fast song - similar to a rock song! My husband felt that our glass windows are starting to shake (perhaps starting to sway with the music) thus he urged us to transfer to the hallway. All our bedrooms have heavy glass windows thus to avoid accidents we obeyed.

We took our baby sleeping like an angel from her bedroom and laid her to her crib situated in the sala. We started praying that the storm would stop. God did not answer our prayer then but instead had the wind and rain stronger than ever! I checked the little bedroom and noticed that wind starts to come inside and tried to tear apart the air con cover. I am starting to feel sleepy despite the strong wind thus to do a makeshift bed, I transferred my daughter's alphabet rubber mats from the room to the sala and laid down on it and slept immediately like an angel. Next thing I knew, I woke up and saw raindrops falling out of the window and the storm was a thing of the past.

I hoped same goes for others as well but unfortunately, the storm left them broken windows in their unit, lost lives of their loved ones and even lost homes for others.

No comments: