Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reward Treat!

I am proud to say that I've spent part of my bonus money! =) Sale season is up and when I checked out items in Zara, I saw classic dresses and pants that I cannot resist! I haven't shopped like crazy in a year. I am always for the best deals and thinks twice before buying something since I have a household to run and 2 kids to feed and take care of. Upon seeing how the dresses and pants fit perfectly. I did not think twice and honestly did not feel guilty on my purchase.

I was with a friend while shopping at Zara and she too were able to take some great buys! She was very happy but a little guilty of her purchase given the amount she has spent but I was telling her that she shouldn't be. The money came from our own hard work. It wasn't stolen or given instantly out of a whim. And we ladies deserve to treat ourselves once in a while.

Buying something tangible out of a certain amount of money given as a reward was a practice taught by my late grandfather. I remember receiving a huge amount of money then when I was a kid as a godparent's treat for making it in the honor's class. Lolo (grandpa) said that it would be nice to buy something that you really like and make it as a remembrance for the money gift given to you. I can still enumerate stuff I've bought then when given "reward monies" . These would range from simple stuff to complicated ones. My Zara dresses and pants are the recent ones in my list.

No comments: