Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unusual weekend

Today was an unusual Saturday for me. Instead of staying in the house for a much needed rest, I woke up early and attended a parenting seminar for children with autism spectrum disorder despite storm signal #1 in the metro. My son was recently diagnosed with PDD-NOS thus I am doing my best to educate myself by googling, attending parenting seminars and reading books on developmental delays.

It is quite a bumpy ride.. Knowing your son is a little delayed than usual. it is also a challenge. Sometimes it will cause you to reflect as to why this happened to you. The answer I've found already - similar to answers of queries bothering me before as to why it should happen to me.

I believe, nothing will be given to you unless you cannot handle it. Nothing is being given if God knows you don't know how to handle it. Some people improved their lives after experiencing something painful out of it. My experience is not an exception. I am always in a search of knowledge on the causes of the spectrum disorders, how to resolve this and lead as many children as we can to mainstreaming with lots of prayers, hope and determination.

No comments: