Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gymboree Experience

Last year, I signed up my firstborn for a free trial class and play in Gymboree. =) He seemed to enjoy it then thus I did not hesitate enrolling him in a class. I got the 1x week package for 12 sessions. I took my eldest to Gymboree class as a bonding moment with him despite having most of my time devoted to my second child (since it was during my maternity leave then).

I loved Gymboree's various class programs - how it enabled parent and child to bond as well as helped the child to learn. Gymboree classes are grouped according to children's age levels. Some of their programs offered are the Gymboree Play Class, Music, Art, Learning Lab, Fitness Fun, Mommy and Baby Fitness as well as Yoga class.

Through play and exploring his Gymboree surroundings, my son was able to learn a few things - how to climb up, how to pack away and interact with others a bit. It was unfortunate that we had to freeze some of his class since a few weeks into the class, he was admitted to the hospital for Kawasaki disease. Given his immune system is not much strong, we limited his exposure to other kids first and few months after with 2D echo showing normal results, we enrolled him back in and fast tracked his enrollment class. With the special arrangement on fast tracking his gymboree sessions, he was able to enjoy music class, art and tried their pre-school readiness program. He is now in the province enrolled in a progressive toddler class. We would surely miss the parachute time in Gymboree. Good thing what he learned from Gymboree geared him up through school and through life.

No comments: