Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Wellness Story

Late this March, I chose Wellness. I took part and enrolled in our company's Wellness Program for Employees. I'm quite thankful that our company puts highest importance on being a trusted and leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company. We are quite lucky to have almost an entire floor in our building dedicated to a wellness center (aka gym). In addition, there are group classes being offered everyday for various health activities.

Upon program enrollment, we had nutrition counselling and initial measurements were done by certified/human kenetics graduates on the following: Height, Weight, BMI, waist circumference, hip circumference, waist:hip ratio and had initial physical assessments such as VO2 Max, Baseline Circumferences( arm, chest, waist, hip and thigh) Skinfolds (Chest, Triceps, SUbscapular, Thigh, Supraillac, Abdominal, Med Calf and had the sum of skinfold), isometric strength (push up, abdominal curl up, hamstring, quadriceps, hamstring:quadricep ratio) and flexibility.

I am very happy that I achieved my weight achievement for the past 2 months. I try to attend the group classes but never tried going to the wellness center yet. I hope to find time and be able to go to our gym someday. Currently, Im enjoying attending various cardio exercises at least once a week. I am trying to increase my group classes attendance to 2x a week and gradually increase it until I could attend it everyday!=)

Every month, we have nutrition counselling to track as well how well we've progressed and check if we met our month's target. I am hoping that by the end of the Wellness Program by December, I will achieve my desired weight with a flatter tummy! =)

No comments: