Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mongkok Experience

Yesterday I was invited to a lunch date with my colleagues but I opted to have lunch with my girl friends instead as I already miss their company. We waited for our friend to finish her meeting and we let her chose where to eat for lunch. She does not want to do with chicken and spaghetti thus our normal lunch at KFC and bangers is out of the question. I offered to eat at Gloria Maris but she hesitated to eat there thinking it was expensive. Thus we settled for a cheaper alternative which was Mongkok. I veered away from my normal order of spareribs rice and instead tried out their noodle selection. I chose Beef wanton dumpling soup for lunch and my friends ordered siomai, chicken feet and a few other dumplings for themselves. I partook a piece of their siomai and ate my noodles as it came.

At around 3:30, I felt a queasy feeling in my stomach. Good thing my meeting almost came to an end as I thought I was gonna puke at the room! I suddenly rushed to the wash room and did my thing. I threw out whatever is inside my stomach. I drank tea after but it did not do any good. Instead I puked some more. My officemate who saw me in the ladies' room advised me to go to the clinic. I was tasked to lie down for a while and the doctor gave me antacids and injected me with Plasil. I also asked my girlfriends who dined with me if they had a weird feeling in their stomach. GF1 felt ok while GF2 felt LBMish a bit.

My stomach is my biggest weakness. Yes it is the biggest part in my body and it is my weakest one as well. Doctor's initial findings is hyperacidity but I have a feeling that it was because of the food that I ate during lunch. Until then, Mongkok will be out of the list of restaurants that I would dine into until such time that I'm convinced that I have hyperacidity. I do hope this won't develop to something complicated.

No comments: