Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Fabulous Experience with Mamma Mia!

Last Thursday, we watched a special screening of Mamma Mia in Shangri-La courtesy of my cousin-in-law. She gave us 8 tickets to see the movie. Unfortunately, my husband won't be able to accompany me thus I invited my friends and gave out the other tickets to my office mates ensuring that they will watch the movie! We left the office early and arrived at the mall an hour before the screening time. Instead of taking a nice dinner, we took the chance to check out stores inside the mall. My girlfriend and I had a fabulous time as we were able to catch some items on sale - around 50% off for a nice pair of shoes. What's even better is when we used our Citibank card, we had a special offer to mark down the price of the item we wish at 50% off more! a 75% fabulous discount in total! Such a steal that we almost forgot to eat our dinner! We grabbed a bite of lovely dumplings and had some rice and off we went to the movie theater!

Inside the theater, we were given great center seats! Popcorn buckets were freely distributed for us to enjoy! When the movie started, one gets this lovely feeling of being familiar with the song wanting to sing your heart out everytime Meryl Streep or Amanda Seyfried's character singsI ABBA songs are such a hit and creates a wonderful magic with the movie that I also wanted to see the theater version of it! I regretted of missing the opportunity of seeing Mamma Mia in West End since I chose to watch Phantom of the Opera then over Mamma Mia. Chiquita, Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, Money Money Money, S.O.S. brings back some lovely childhood memories of hearing those song played in papa's long player (if that's what it was called back then). I also loved the cinematography and the location! How I wish I could visit Greece and check out some of the country's idyllic islands!

After the movie, I could not thank my cousin enough and told her we had such a great time! On our way home, we can't help ourselves talking about how lovely the movie was and sometimes sing to our hearts' delight a part of Thank You for the Music.

No comments: