Saturday, May 3, 2008

Let's Tour the Philippines!

I was fascinated to see DOT's newspaper advertisement promoting various Island Getaways for this year. I realized upon reading the ad that there are still a lot of places that I could look forward to for my vacation here in our country.

Last year I was able to attend the Kulinarya Tagala Tour (sarap food grabe!) and about last month, I joined the Binondo Wok Tour (amazing! I haven't seen this side of Binondo before!). I got excited to see that there are still a lot of beautiful places worth exploring. Recently, I embarked on the Corregidor Tour and it was such a great experience.

Given my quite busy schedule, I might probably be able to go only to those offering day tours or weekend getaways. I am trying to come up with list that I'm planning to visit for the year:

  1. Intramuros Walking Tour
  2. Kulinarya Bulacan/Pampanga
  3. Taal Trek
  4. Pinatubo Trek
  5. Boracay Getaway (last time I've been to Bora was in 2004 pa! )
  6. Baguio Experience (same with Bora)
  7. Cebu (my last Cebu experience was in 2002 pa!)
  8. Subic (same with Bora!)
  9. Palawan Adventure (want to experience the Underground River adventure!)
  10. Dumaguete
  11. Banaue Tour
  12. CamSur Wake Boarding Experience
  13. BOhol
  14. Ilocos Tour (I was still in Grade 4 when I last visited Ilocos. I'm now married and have 2 kids - you do the math)
  15. Batanes Getaway

I wouldn't mind though if my list would extend to next year as long as I would be able to visit all of them!! =) 

For more info on various Island Getaways in the Philippines, log on to:
www.wowphilippines.com
www.experiencephilippines.ph
www.wowpinoy.net
www.philtoa.org

No comments: